Thursday, September 18, 2014

Memphis Revisited

Because I am all about giving (and don’t have enough to keep me busy), I decided to do a little bit of extra homework for my Memphis post from yesterday and revisit it with some exact locations, coordinates and satellite imagery so that you, my readers (all 14 of you), can see exactly where I took my parking garage nap at and where the car actually was.  It's like supplemental reading! And, because I’m so awesome (trust me, I’ll tell you), I’m going to give you the coordinates to look up in Google maps so that you can play along at home.

First up, if you look at the coordinates 35.141330,-90.051212 you will see the parking garage I kept finding countless times.  And, if you zoom in, it’s pointing out the exact corner of the roof that I curled up in to take my nap.  Please, use this information responsibly if you find yourself lost in Memphis in dire need of some shut-eye.   If you look around, you can even find the skywalks I mentioned that led me back into the garage from across the street.  Here is the aerial view:




Now, let’s take a look at the parking garage where the car was parked.  You can find that parking garage at coordinates 35.143341, -90.052682.  Here is the aerial view of that parking garage:


Now, let’s take a look at where those 2 garages are in relation to one another.  You’ll find my nap garage at point A and the well-hidden (possibly in Narnia) garage at point B.  And you can also see their relation to Beale Street, which runs along the bottom of the image:



As you can see, I wasn't terribly far off, and if I had the energy to wander around for another 4 hours or so, I’m sure I would have eventually stumbled across the correct parking garage.  But I stand by my decision to nap in public because it made a great story.

Seriously though, don't do the things that I do.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment